- NexClipper is and Open Source project aimed at delivering production-ready Prometheus in enterprise environments.
- NexClipper discovers, recommends and auto-installs the best-fit Prometheus exporter(s) for your monitoring needs.
- Agent-Server way of piping metrics can help ease Prometheus monitoring needs in complex/closed network security settings.
- NexClipper’s Metrics Pipeline guarantees interoperability with 3rd party monitoring solutions, efficiently securing insights as desired.
- Global yet cluster-selective viewing through NexClipper dashboard and long-term storage implementation enables enterprise-level monitoring.
Consolidated Exporters Database and Catalog
- To help and ease you with best-practice Prometheus, NexClipper discovers & recommends the best-fit exporter(s) available to expose metrics data from your specific systems and services being monitored.
- Using the best-fit exporter(s) helps standardize metrics data exposition practices, maximizing monitoring experience with minimal manual inputs.
- NexClipper pipes metrics data in Agent-Server ways and recommends the best-fit exporter(s) to support Prometheus monitoring needs in enterprise environments comprised of complex/closed network security settings.
- ExporterHub.io is not just a curated list, but also provides exporter installation guide, metric collection flags, alert rule configuration, and dashboard configuration for Prometheus users.
- Planned: NexClipper is working on implementing an automated exporter(s) installation service/function based on rules preset in exporter(s) catalog and is under field tests on the concept.
Automate Managed Prometheus
- NexClipper provides Prometheus Eco-system Lifecycle Management based on Klevr OpenSource for any environments, including Kubernetes, Private/Public Cloud, or Baremetal.
- NexClipper also provides provisioning tools all the platforms for Cloud Native resource, including terraform, virsh, kubectl, helm with all configurations.
- Metrics data provisioned by Metrics Pipeline(MetricOps) can be plugged as is for Prometheus viewing (alerts and Grafana dashboards) with no complex integration inputs, especially when systems & services are sitting in complex/closed network security settings which impose high complexity in implementing Prometheus monitoring.
- Multi-cluster, multi-tenancy & heterogeneous metrics data sets can be brought into a global view to attain bird-eye & drill-down insights.
- NexClipper provides horizontal scaling, including managed dedicated store for enterprise customer, shared store for NexClipper Cloud.
- NexClipper segregates aggregated metrics data by cluster node(s) to allow monitoring in selective or categorized ways as desired or required per network security settings.
- NexClipper’s Agent-Server(Manager) way of exposition functions as the key to transmitting metrics data sets within firewalls for global viewing requirements in external environment.